Who is the B4SC for?
- All the children who turn four from June 1, 2008, who live in the central Auckland area
- The central Auckland area shares the Auckland City Council boundaries and includes Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands
Who will do the check?
- In central Auckland, the checks will be delivered by a trained B4 School Check nurse at your GP Practice or a B4SC Contract nurse, and vision/hearing testers who are employed by the DHB and based at the Greenlane Clinical Centre
- On Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands, the checks will be delivered by nurses from the local health trusts
- The DHB is also employing administrators so that emails and telephone calls during office hours will be responded to promptly
Where will the check be done?
- The B4 School Check will be delivered at your GP practice or Medical Centre
- On Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands the checks will take place at the local health centres
- If not enrolled at a participating practice the administrators will discuss the most convenient time and location for you when you contact the office for an appointment
What do I need to do?
What if I have any questions?
The free B4SC is available only to children who turn four from June 1, 2008 onwards. If your child is not eligible and you have concerns about their health or development, talk to your doctor or practice nurse.
The Auckland District Health Board is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of children so that they are able to learn and participate fully in their early years at school.